Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Don't Miss Deadlines!

Deadlines, deadlines, and more deadlines! I just had to remind my son to reapply to one outside scholarship he got last year. It is $1500, and while that does not sound like a lot, it has made a world of difference.
I have a spreadsheet created with all kinds of scholarships and deadlines, but I think I will have to add a tab with deadline dates for renewable scholarships.
The other deadlines to watch out for are application dates and acceptance dates. May 1st is the traditional 'decision day'. If your student has not decided you can usually let a college know that you might miss that date. You may also be waiting for all the financial aid and scholarship information. I know for my son, he decided on April 30th! Nothing like the last minute. For him it was down to 2 schools, based on the best financial deal.
My daughter will be a High School senior next year, so the Fall starts with all the applications. For her, there is an additional component to applications,since she will also have to have an audition for music.
Whether you use a spreadsheet, or some other organizational tool, the best thing I can tell you is to be organized! There are so many moving parts to this process, and you don't want to forget to do something!

1 comment:

  1. Spreadsheets are the way to go when if comes to all of this stuff! Great post. Stop by http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/ and follow back when you can. Don't forget to sign up for the blog hop while you are there! :D

    ReplyDelete